Invest in Reg D Funds, Private Placements, Private Equity/Angel Funds, Hedge Funds, Oil & Gas Funds
- • Mainstar Trust fees for accounts holding Reg D Funds, Private Stocks, Private Equity/Angel Funds, Hedge Funds, Oil & Gas Funds:
*Does not include one-time set-up fee of $25, transaction activity fees, or fees related to other holdings. **Annual account fee may differ for Individual K, HSA, EBP and taxable accounts.
- • For a complete list of Mainstar Trust fees click here.
- • Email the following required documents to email@example.com for an administrative review or contact Mainstar Trust at 800-521-9897:
- Completed Asset Information Worksheet
- Articles of Incorporation or Organization
- Prospectus, Operating Agreement, By-Laws or Private Placement Memorandum
- Partnership Agreement (if applicable)
- Subscription documents (if applicable)
- Provide an opinion letter from a qualified professional if you are a direct or indirect owner of 50% or greater of Private Stock. IRC 4975 outlines guidelines for prohibited transactions within IRAs.
- • IRA investors are encouraged to consult with professional advisors to ensure that you understand tax, legal or investment issues related to the use of IRA funds in LLCs. Also, refer to IRS 590, 598, UBTI IRC 4975, Prohibited Transactions and DOL Plan Asset Rules.
- • Prohibited transactions – the IRS has specific guidelines for what is a “disqualified person” in an IRA. Any direct or indirect owner of 50% or more of any of the following could make you a disqualified person:
- • The combined voting power of all classes of stock entitled to vote, or the total value of shares of all classes of stock of a corporation that is an employer or employee organization described in (3) or (4);
- • The capital interest or profits interest of a partnership that is an employer or employee organization described in (3) or (4); or
- • The beneficial interest of a trust or unincorporated enterprise that is an employer or an employee organization described in (3) or (4)
- • For a list of IRS prohibited transactions in IRAs click here.
- • Once Mainstar Trust has accepted the Private Placement product as administratively feasible, open your Mainstar Trust account (see » below). Then email the following required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 800-521-9897: