Do you need a Full-service Retirement Account Administrator like STC?
Many individuals are looking to diversify their retirement account holdings and expand into asset types that aren’t normally held by traditional retirement plan companies. In order to do so, they must use a company that offers self-direction of their retirement account, like STC, Inc.
In the self-directed marketplace there are different types of entities including custodians, facilitators, set-up companies and administrators. STC distinguishes itself in that it is a full-service administrator.
What does that mean to you?
• Initiates, tracks and finalizes the custodial transfer of your retirement funds
• Creates an LLC, in the state of your choice, for maximum flexibility in choosing and structuring your investments
○ Why an LLC Structure?
∙ It permits the purchase of a wide variety of investment types including real estate, loans, private equity and tax liens
∙ It gives you maximum flexibility in structuring complex transactions such as those using debt financing and multi-party transactions
∙ It simplifies asset titling and permits you to sign real estate transaction closing documents on behalf of your retirement account
∙ It facilitates partnering your retirement funds with other sources to co-own investments in your account
• Coordinates with our custodian on funding your LLC, your annual contributions and your account distributions.
• Gives assistance in structuring complex transactions
• Provides immediate, thorough review of your transactions for IRS compliance
• Funds your transactions on a same day or next business day schedule
• At your request, communicates with you and your tax advisor, attorney or investment advisor regarding the structure and compliance of your transaction.
• Accurate, detailed record-keeping
• Account login capabilities to view and track your cash balance
• Quarterly Financial Statements: Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement and Statement of Account, so you can manage your investments well
• Annual valuation for custodial filing of IRS Form 5498-IRA Contribution Information to fulfill reporting requirements
STC offers several different types of self-directed retirement accounts: Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) Plans, and Individual 401(k) Plans. We can assist you with transfers and rollovers from accounts including 401(k), 403(b), TSP and TSA plans as well as Roth conversions.
To find out if you need a full-service administrator for your retirement plan, join our webinar, Choosing Your Self-directed Custodian or Administrator on July 8, 2021 to get your questions answered. For more information visit our website, www.stcira.com or call STC at 866-682-3683.
*Mainstar’s role as custodian of self-directed accounts is nondiscretionary and/or administrative in nature. This information is for educational purposes only, and should not be construed as investment, legal, tax or financial advice or as a guarantee, endorsement, or certification of any investments. Mainstar encourages individuals to consult a financial or legal professional when making investment decisions.